Sunday, February 24, 2013


LDR7 - that's Labor and Delivery Room 7, the place where our lives would change forever!!

So, on the 13th, we were induced...well, I was induced :-) I was thankful to find I had already progressed much more than I anticipated before they even started the pitocin. So, labor was progressing until about 8:00 pm and things had slowed down. So, as a solution, my doc recommended breaking my water and also tripling the amount of pitocin they were giving the exact same time... that was highly unfortunate. Up to that point, I literally wasn't even noticing most of my contractions and I was having them every ~2-3 minutes according to the monitor. Welp, after breaking my water and jacking up the meds...labor was happening and I was sure of it. I unfortunately didn't last long before I felt like I needed an epidural. I REALLY didn't want to get it but the pain increased exponentially in no time at all - thanks largely to the pitocin. Anywhos, getting an epidural was probably just a blessing in disguise because I would shortly be heading to the O.R. where they would have had to give me one anyway.

So, by 1:00 am I was ready to push. And push I did for about 13 minutes until Kinsley made her entrance! When I first saw her I was just in shock! I couldn't believe that she was mine - that God had been creating her for the last 9 months and now she was here! Unfortunately, I didn't get to see her for very long. She was taken away and then the doctor had to work on me. I'll try and spare you the details, but basically I tore, a lot, and every time they tried to stitch me up, it just made me bleed more. Doc said she had never seen anything like this happen before. So, after two failed attempts to get everything under control in LDR7, we headed to the OR. Lots of packing and a couple units of blood later, I was headed to recovery.

I find it really interesting... I was obviously nervous going to the OR and honestly, just kinda scared. I was hooked up to a monitor where I could hear my heart beat. Occasionally I would hear it begin to race and I would pray, "Lord, please keep my body calm so that the doctors can do what they need to do to fix me." And just about instantly, my heart would stop racing. So I just kept praying the whole time the doctors worked on me. And I know that tons of other people were praying as well. The entire labor and delivery, even though it sounds like it was complicated, was really quite easy. Kinsley was faced with the possibility of getting Group B strep, and so far no signs of that. Complications that I didn't foresee for myself were resolved and answered prayers were incredibly evident. Now we're just waiting and praying for Kinsley's jaundice to resolve!!

Overall, I am still feeling every emotion in the book. I'm just shocked and amazed that this little baby is mine forever...she's our little miracle! So here are just a few phone pics I have taken, but check out the link Jarred posted for dropbox on Facebook.


  1. I love her already! Whenever things settle down for you all I would love to skype and see her and of course you all as weel! Love you and so proud of you. You are awesome! :)

  2. Rejoicing that you are recovering from you ordeal. And look what a precious gift you have! Kingsley is truly precious.