Sunday, November 18, 2012

Weekend festivities

This weekend we were so very excited to host our FIRST visitors (besides my grandparents who live here...). Jarred's oldest sister and her new hubby stopped by on their way from California to Missouri. Long story short, they are transferring a car from California to Jarred's family in MO so we got the great pleasure of having some company!!
They got in just in time for dinner last night so we tried a local place called Oreganos. It was pretty delish. My dish was so-so...the description said it was like, "topped off with spice" and yet it had virtually no flavor. But, it was still prepared very well so I can't complain. BUT, Jarred and his bro-in-law got a "stuffed pizza". This thing was RI-DONC! I've never seen anything quite like it. So, here's a pic to help describe it
The thing probably weighed like 10 pounds from all the cheese! Yummo!! But it was a thin layer of crust, 10 pounds of cheese and some pepperoni, and then another thin layer of crust with some sauce and parmesan cheese on top. Oh. My. Needless to say, we are having leftovers for dinner :-)

Then, this morning we went to church. Just want to share a few words on that. First of all, I kinda teared up during worship (which is not unusual for me, as I am often quite emotional when singing praise...) But, this morning I also got emotional because we sang a song that we used to sing at Northstar...man oh man I miss my church family!! But, our message today was really good too! We talked about Hebrews 5, and our pastor kinda covers a lot of info and is semi-random...but he did briefly talk about the fruit that we bear. He brought up one of the most terrifying passages of scripture, in Matthew 7:
22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’
But the pastor went on to say that many "Christians" will experience this but you can find hope in knowing that you aren't one of those by the fruit that you bear. You will desire to follow Him, to obey Him, to know Him...
So yea, I really enjoyed the message today.

Then after church we took our fam on a quick tour of the city and then, unfortunately, they had to leave. But, at least we got a couple of great group pics before they left!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment