Wednesday, November 28, 2012

30 weeks say what???

Welp, the realization that we're going to have a child is still slowly setting in. So, to celebrate, here is a recent bump update...30 weeks today!!!
That's me...still trying to rock the non-maternity clothes, but I'm not sure how much longer that will last! ha!
And if you look closely, you will see a bright white earring. That is one of the many perks of working with kids!! One of the Social Workers on my peds floor made some cute little sparkly snowflake earrings and she was giving them to all the nurses and staff and such! It's so sweet :-)

Oh, and just a quick update on the internship... Yesterday was an excellent internship day until one unfortunate moment. So, word to other potential dietetic interns that might read this. Apparently, there are some preceptors who like to demonstrate their power. A particular preceptor of mine said some really not nice things to me and it really just shocked me!! I tried to defend myself at the time, but there was no appeasing this lady! So, this morning I sought some wisdom from another preceptor who prides herself in being fair - and she most certainly is! So, this wise preceptor told me not to waste a single minute on the power preceptor because, basically, this preceptor gets terrible reviews and terrible things like this happen every single year. Pretty sweet... SO, while it was quite unfortunate I was greatly comforted through prayers for wisdom and the words of my wise preceptor. For any potential interns out there, my advise is to stick to your guns, seek wisdom from those preceptors whose opinion you value and work hard to prove those power-tripping preceptors wrong :-) Oh, and pray a lot for God to help you get over the embarrassment of the event and not dwell on it and become bitter :-)
Oh, and just a fun tid-bit for you...I'm on call this week, so if you need me, just page me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment