Monday, August 20, 2012

A Sweet Request

This past weekend one of my fellow interns invited all of us to his house for a barbeque. It was super yummy!!!!! It was the first time I ever had twice-baked potatoes and oh. my. gosh! So good! Thankfully, the same intern, told us about the sweet little butcher shop where you can purchase said potatoes :-) In addition to the yumminess that was our dinner I also made a cookie cake for dessert because the hosting interns birthday was the following day. After making said cookie cake, another intern requested the recipe. I originally found the recipe online because I was looking for a small cookie cake recipe I could make for Jarred's birthday (upon his request!). I've made a few modifications to the recipe and now the cake goes something like this:

Ingredients:
1 stick butter
1 1/4 cup DARK chocolate chips (I usually buy Hershey Special Dark)
1 cup Whole Wheat Flour (I've used a couple different whole wheat flours and it doesn't make too big a difference which one you pick)
1 1/2 tspn baking powder
1/4 tspn salt
1 cup brown sugar
1 tspn vanilla
1 large egg

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350
  • Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
  • In a separate bowl, cream the brown sugar, butter and vanilla on medium and then high until smooth but not too creamy! Then add the egg to the creamed sugar and butter and cream for another 30 seconds or so, again until creamy but not too loose.
  • Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture in three divisions (it will be a fairly dry dough by the end of it...no worries!)
  • Add the choco chips!!!!
  • Bake in a glass pie pan (mine is a 9 inch) for 18-22 minutes. Even if you bake it for 22 minutes it is still nice and soft in the middle...and by nice and soft I mean pretty gooey :-)
  • Leave it in the pan to cool for 10 minutes before you release the edges, and should you choose, wait 4 hours before you flop it out of the dish :-)
Hope you guys enjoy!

1 comment: