1 stick butter
1 1/4 cup DARK chocolate chips (I usually buy Hershey Special Dark)
1 cup Whole Wheat Flour (I've used a couple different whole wheat flours and it doesn't make too big a difference which one you pick)
1 1/2 tspn baking powder
1/4 tspn salt
1 cup brown sugar
1 tspn vanilla
1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, cream the brown sugar, butter and vanilla on medium and then high until smooth but not too creamy! Then add the egg to the creamed sugar and butter and cream for another 30 seconds or so, again until creamy but not too loose.
- Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture in three divisions (it will be a fairly dry dough by the end of it...no worries!)
- Add the choco chips!!!!
- Bake in a glass pie pan (mine is a 9 inch) for 18-22 minutes. Even if you bake it for 22 minutes it is still nice and soft in the middle...and by nice and soft I mean pretty gooey :-)
- Leave it in the pan to cool for 10 minutes before you release the edges, and should you choose, wait 4 hours before you flop it out of the dish :-)