Friday, August 24, 2012

Big Week Part II

Well, here's a continuation of my week! ha!

Wednesday:
Wednesday at work was full of information and I finally got to do more hands-on stuff - so that was good :-) But, most of my Wednesday updating has to do with the preggos!
First of all - I'm proud to report that I very successfully wore a pencil skirt to work today (and I didn't even have to unzip it while sitting down!). If I were a tweeter I would probably do something like this, #winning. I'm very thankful that I haven't had to spend exorbitant amounts of money on maternity clothes yet but at the same time I'm looking forward to really looking pregnant.
Second - we were watching reruns of New Girl on Hulu. We watched the Christmas episode where Jess and Paul breakup and they take Jess to Candy-cane lane at 2:00 in the morning and start screaming at all the houses to turn on their Christmas lights. This very kind gesture may or may not have made me cry...I may or may not have blamed the child...
Finally - I have to be praying for my brother and sister-in-law as she has been having contractions very consistently since Sunday (what a stud to have contractions for like three days and still go to work!! whoop whoop to her!!) She went to the hospital this evening but they sent her back home...baby Frakes will be coming soon! Please keep them in your prayers!

Thursday:
Today I stared at a computer screen all day - learning how to enter medical records... F.U.N.
But on a brighter/far more exciting note, Jarred and I are auntie and uncle!!! My bro and sis-in-law had their baby! They waited to find out the gender...sooooo....baby Sophia Joy (obvs a girl) was born at the butt-crack of dawn!!! And Shelby (the sis-in-law) did it all natural!! Kuddos to you my friend! As for me, the idea of all natural is spectacular but likely not a reality for me! (partially because I'm a pansy and partially because it appears I have a bicornuate uterus which makes my liklihood for premature and breech birth way more likely, thus, c-section could be in my future!). But anywhos, new life is such a miracle, baby Sophia is beautiful and a gift from God!

Friday:
Today we had to take the clinical rotations pretest. This test, I was told by the preceptors, is harder than the RD exam, that no one ever does well, etc. Going into this exam I'm expecting to have to know every single detail of every single clinical manifestation that I may encounter during my four clinical phases. That said, I prayed prior to the exam! And, I was also fully expecting to literally get a 50%. Actually, I was shooting for a 50% and realistically expecting a 20%. Plus, my rationale was, if I get a 20% the first time, I can still do really poorly on the post-test and show massive improvement. Welp, needless to say, the exam grade made it to my fridge - I thought hubby would be proud!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on a new niece! And don't worry I think a c-section is in my future too ;) And that test sounds so hard! Nice job girly!!!

    ReplyDelete